What is a class?
- A class is a blueprint for a certain type of object.
- An object’s class defines its properties (fields) and capabilities (methods)
Classes are made of...
- Define what data its objects can store
- All objects of the same type have the same fields but distinct values
- They are responsible for initializing an objects fields
- Same name as the class it is declared in
- Called when the new keyword is encountered.
- specify the commands we can send to an object via method calls
- Can access an object's fields
- Can return values back to the caller